Tuesday, May 26, 2009



This is the Cookie basket I made for Kaiya to bring to school. I had been promising her that I would make them for her class all year, but have not had the time or energy. Well the school year is almost over and she was devastated when I told her she didn't have anymore snack days. Her teacher was nice enough to let he bring them on cooking day. She had so much fun picking the flowers and handing them out to her friends.


Posted by Picasa


Sugar Cookies:(recipe from my Grandma Wolsey)

3/4 C butter
1 1/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1/2 C milk
2 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Vanilla

Cream butter sugar and eggs together. Then add milk and vanilla. In separate bowl combined Flour, baking powder, and salt. Add your dry ingredients in the wet mixture and chill for at least 30 mins. I always have to add more flour than the recipe calls for. Just add enough till the dough isn't too sticky.Roll out and bake the cookies off at 350 for about 8 mins. Yum Yum!

Frosting:

about 1Tbs butter
Milk
Icing sugar
Vanilla

I don't really know the amounts, because it always seem different depending on how many cookies I make. But you get the Idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment