Saturday, May 9, 2009

BBQ Beef on a Bun





Well after 3 years of owning a slow cooker, I used it today for the second time. I had been searching the net for a good BBQ Beef recipe, and finally found a couple that I thought sounded good. I took a few ingredients from each and it turned out pretty good!

3-4 pound roast
1 Large chopped onion
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup water
1 tsp beef bouillon
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 bottle Bulls Eye BBQ Sauce

Place Roast and chopped onion in slow cooker. Sprinkle garlic powder over Roast and season with salt and pepper. Mix remainder of ingredients and pour over beef. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-8. I put mine in a little late in the morning and had to cook on high. I cooked on high for about 5 hours and then shredded the beef. I then turned it to low and cooked for another 1 1/2 hours. All in all I think it was a success...everyone seemed to enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. who's been taking these fantastic photos of the food?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man was it good! I forced Robyn to share this meal with me. Thanks Robyn it was Yummy!

    ReplyDelete