Monday, January 11, 2010

Bruschetta Chicken over linguinie

Bruschetta chicken over linguine
½ cup flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
4 boneless skinless chicken breast

Topping for chicken (I usually x2 the topping)
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp melted butter

Bruschetta (you can make as much or as little of the bruschetta) I always make lots
6-8 Roma tomatoes
Basil (fresh or freeze dry)
Garlic it taste (I use lots)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
(When making the bruschetta you really have to make it to your own taste. I make mine stronger. I think it’s all about the seasoning)

Instructions:
Take each chicken breast and pound between plastic or wax paper. Pound to about 1/4 inch thick.
Toss chicken in flour and coat well. Then lightly coat each piece in the egg mixture. Do not drench, just lightly coat. Then place flat in a 9x13 pan. Spread the chicken out to cover the entire bottom of the pan. (I usually cut my chicken into smaller pieces and just arrange them in the pan close together kind of like a puzzle.) After you have arranged the chicken in the pan, take your topping and spread over the chicken. (I usually double the topping.) Cover pan with tin foil the cook for 20 min @ 350. Then cook uncovered for 5-10 min to brown the topping. Then spread the bruschetta over the chicken and put back in the oven for another 5 mins. Serve over linguine. We just scoop the chicken and bruschetta over the pasta. It’s sooo yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Nicki! I am making it tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete