Monday, January 11, 2010

Bourbon Chicken



















I found this recipe a few months back at My Kitchen Cafe blog and it is now a regular at our house. I love the flavor of this chicken and I also love how quick and easy it is. My only suggestion when serving it is not to use too much sauce on your rice, it can be a little overpowering if you use to much.

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons oil (for pan-frying)
cornstarch (for dusting, optional)

Sauce:
1 garlic clove (minced)
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup apple juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
½ cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, and if you choose lightly dust with cornstarch. Heat oil in your wok and fry chicken bits in batches until just lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and set aside.

In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients. Pour into wok and bring to a boil. Add chicken bits back to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Okay I am two for two. Chicken was very good. All but one of my kids liked it. It was a little hot for the two youngest...but if I hold off a little on the red pepper it should be fine. I sub'd pineapple juice for Apple Juice. Thanks for the receipes.

    ReplyDelete